CO*LAB welcomes applications from vibrant and experienced members of our community.
CO*LAB is a grassroots, arts-centered community venue with a focus to cultivate and sustain exposure to the arts for those living within Edmonton’s central communities, with a focus on the Boyle Street neighbourhood.
Door Staff will act as the first point of contact for the public during events and will ensure the safety and comfort of all community members.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working as a door person or security.
- ProTect certification required.
- Must be fully vaccinated.
- Intersectional knowledge of addictions, mental health issues, poverty, marginalization, systemic discrimination, and other system barriers faced by our community.
- First aid certification and Trauma Informed Care Certification an asset.
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to diverse needs.
- Understand and support the intersectional values of QAS.
- Superlative conflict-management skills, able to de-escalate conflict and facilitate outcomes that best serve all involved.
- Cooperative negotiation style – QAS is a nonprofit that works to elevate the community it serves.
- Verify patrons’ age.
- Enforce the Restrictions Exemption Program requiring proof of vaccination or negative test result before entry.
- Conflict de-escalation.
- Community engagement.
- Monitor and enforce building capacity.
This is currently a part-time position contract with a flexible schedule based on our programming needs. Pays a flat rate of $18/hour. We project the position’s hours will increase as CO*LAB grows as an organization. Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
To apply for this opportunity:
- Email your résumé to: email@example.com.
- Include Door Staff in the subject line of the email.
We are an equal opportunity and non-discriminatory employer and recognize the importance of a diverse workforce. We welcome all qualified applicants.
Closing date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Quarters Arts respectfully acknowledges that we are situated on Treaty 6 territory, traditional lands of First Nations and Métis peoples.